Friday, November 26, 2010

The Leader I have admired (by Genilyn L. Mercado)

The leader I admire is, and always will be- my father. My father owned an Auto Repair Shop in our hometown. He had to deal with different people with different socio-economic standards. From the upper class with shimmering expensive cars to the lower class with only carts for their cows and carabaos. I learned a lot with interpersonal skills from watching him interact with people. Although he is a businessman, he always took the time to get to know people, and not see them as just a mere source of income. He is always the first to set the right example to his members by not having any vices for them to follow. Foods are always present in the table whenever works are in need to be done. He treated his members as family by providing them not only their financial needs but also the moral support their family needs. Being a hardworking and a man with principles, his friends and colleagues respects him that much. Every time there are works to be done, he see to it that he will do the frst move to diagnose the problems before his team members do the work. He is a Man in action and not in word.

Reflecting the footsteps of my father, I realize that being a leader, we have to set ourselves as a role model, a good example to our members. Because leadership is indeed a deed. It is how we live our lives with integrity, compassion and dedication to whatever responsibilities and task come in our way. My father's ability to relate to people, to be committed to his work and to translate intentions into reality are the types of attribute I wish to emulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment